Monday, June 27, 2011

My ABC's of Writing: Brought to You by the Letter U


This is it, ladies and gentlemen, the final week of my ABC's of Writing! The week in which I come up with writing terms for those oft-used letters like X and Z! We start off with the letter "U."


U is for "Unfinished." A writer's career is like one of his or her works, somewhat molded but never quite complete. I have a half-dozen, half-finished short stories sitting on my hard drive. I've apparently abandoned two novels, though I plan to "get around to it" one of these days. Even the stories that are "done" never feel quite "finished."

On the plus side, it gives me something to work on.

A is for AGENT
B is for BETA READERS
C is for CRITIQUE GROUP
D is for DESCRIPTION
E is for EDITING
F is for FICTION
G is for GENRE
H is for HUMOR
I is for IDEA
J is for JEDI
K is for KEYCARDS
L is for LEGEND
M is for MANUSCRIPT
N is for NOVEL
O is for OUTLINE
P is for PROTAGONIST
Q is for QUERY LETTER
R is for REJECTION
S is for SUBMISSION
T is for TWITTER